Questions and Answers

Did Dinosaurs exist?

Now someone might be thinking "why this question?-- it is a universal that they did." And, of course, I would agree that it is a universal; but more than that, it is true. But in saying they once existed; does not mean I agree with narrative build around false presuppositions surrounding them is correct or should be believed.   What do I mean?  Every so often there is new evidence found for these creatures that lived one time ago; and this evidence is twisted to fit a system of thought; a world view which it can never be properly aligned too because false narrative has to many inconsistency; very few answers for them. It is blindly obvious if one sits back and just listen to the narrative being spun has no truth to it and yet it is blindly believed to be correct. 

Last night there was another programme on which promoted another step in understanding how the dinosaurs became extinct. And the narrative being sewn was based on nothing more than conjecture and guess work which was evidence by such words as  "perhaps it happened this way" or "maybe this creature tried to out run the impact of an asteroid."  That is nothing but guess work. They have no clue because they do not have the truth.    Let us ask:  when did they exist?  No one can be certain because no-one knows-- not you and I nor even the scientist. It is based on suppositions and speculation. All one can say for sure is that at some time in the past such creatures roamed the earth and not when. 

Now the thing I am trying to establish is that we can not know what happened in the past with certainty-- Only one does and that is God Himself.  Consider the following passage which speak of God's absolute knowledge and man insufficient knowledge:

  • "Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said  Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man;  I will question you, and you make it known to me. “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements—surely you know!  Or who stretched the line upon it?" (Job 38:1-5)

 And then we are told:

  • "Remember this and stand firm, recall it to mind, you transgressors, remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other;  I am God, and there is none like me,  declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done,  saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,  and I will accomplish all my purpose,’ calling a bird of prey from the east,  the man of my counsel from a far country.  I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass;   I have purposed, and I will do it."   (Isa. 46:8-11) 

So the conclusion is clear: since men were never there to know how old the earth; and since we are not dealing with evidence per se-- but rather evidence being interpreted through a particular lens. And this is true in every arena of life. we must consider the presuppositions hidden behind any particular interpretation. there is no such thing as  "brute-facts."   Remember the words of Colossians 2:8-9: See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily

Popular posts from this blog

The insidious Gnosticism in Feminism

Book Review: something must be known and felt.

The problem that Christians face.